3.01.2011

I really Appreciate......

1. a good book to help me relax if even for 20 minutes. My latest reads have been:

I am on the waiting list at the library for Little Bee, The Maze Runner, and Room. Do you have other suggestions? Are you on Goodreads?

2. I appreciate a friendly friend who gave me a whole bag full of lemons from her tree. I am a sucker for lemon water and of course lemonade. Hopefully I'll still have enamel on my teeth once we finish it all.

3. I appreciate the card that Andrew got in the mail praising him for the talk he gave in Primary. So considerate and thoughtful considering it wasn't from his leaders or teacher.

4. I appreciate my son coming home from school everyday and eagerly getting started on his homework and completing it almost independently. He is excelling in school and it brings me such joy.

5. I appreciate that my kids are friends. They have spent the last hour laughing, running, imagining together. They are planning a birthday party for puppy Leah. A party which I am invited too. Meanwhile I overhear;
Andrew asked Leah, "Would you forgive me if I broke your crayon?" Leah replied. "yes." To which Andrew responds, "Good. cause I did, sorry."
I am enjoying them so much lately. They have so many sweet and endearing qualities.


6. I appreciate my sweet husband who spent the last week super sick. Yet he still managed to begin practices for Andrew's T-ball team. Andrew loves walking around the house calling him "Coach." Also after a whole month of Andrew begging Jason to come in a share his career with the class. Jason relented and did a great job. He brought in a pair of pig lungs which surprisingly are very similar to human lungs. He inflated them and the kids loved touching them. Gross, yet very cool at the same time.


What do you appreciate?

3 comments:

The Losee's said...

I really like the maze runner but I thought the 2nd book was a lot better. I also liked nightshade and firelight. I loved that Andrew Crayon comment. It made me laugh. And Jason brining in lungs was fun. What a cool dad. Miss you guys!

Mindy and Marty said...

thanks for the book suggestions...i'm going to get on goodread...never knew about it! thanks...i LOVE a good book,crave it.

J. Elle said...

I am on goodreads, but I can't find you! Here I am: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/208599-jeni

I'm totally addicted to goodreads. I really liked the Maze Runner.