5.13.2010

A Little Give and Take

First and foremost: Leah is POTTY TRAINED. Hip Hip Hooray!! So nice to be free from the bonds of diapers. I'd also like to report that she is still hanging in her bed when she wakes up. I think that treat is to make up for all the tantrums she's been throwing in public. It's nice to have a little give and take.


Secondly: My brother Travis who has been living here since January just moved out. I never knew anyone who could keep such a positive attitude all the while sleeping on a couch and having 2 munchkins waking you up at 7am EVERY morning. Maybe the 3 square meals a day and free rent made up for it somehow. He was fun to have around and was even helpful with the kids (i.e. peanut butter and chocolate frosting sandwiches). Yet another give and take.

Thirdly: I had such a wonderful mother's day. Jason let me sleep in (that alone was amazing) He made breakfast (eggs, bacon, and tater tots) He got the kids ready for church. All day he made sure everything was taken care of. I was seriously in heaven. We had my mom and siblings over for a mother's day/birthday bbq.

My bro's g-friend Brittney turned 20 :) We then went to J's dad's house and had more food :) I feel as a mother that I give so much and it is SO great to be able to take just a moment for myself.

Lastly; I have been so lucky to have a great sis- in-law who is so giving. She gives me so many great hand-me-downs for both my kids. I seriously love hand-me-downs. I love not buying consuming when there are perfectly good things to reuse. I also love people who are so kind to share :) I try to reciprocate as often as I can. My mom taught me not to be a waster and I appreciate that.


p.s. I've been trying to create things lately during nap/preschool time. I finished volume 1 of the kids' Quiet Book. Pics to come soon. I also made some mesh produce bags and I plan to make this cute up-cycle dress for Lu.

1 comment:

Mindy and Marty said...

WOW, so jealous that Leah is trained on the potty! wishful thinking. Liam is not ready yet...i guess...maybe i need to just push it and see what happens but i CAN NOT wait. congrats.

I get loads of hand me downs for ruby (most of them barely used) from my sis in law and i don't know what i'd do without them...i've grown accustomed to receiving them...i might cry if they ever stop= that's so nice to have. can't wait to see the stuff your making/creating...fun