2.17.2010

Oh Mister Sun, Sun.... Mr. Golden Sun


What a great week of beautiful sunshine. It does wonders for my emotions. There is something about driving through these country roads with the sunroof open and the tunes turned up high.
I've managed to stop itching this week although I still am on the 'crazy' meds for another week. I do seem to be conquering the crazies a little better.

Since we have been having such lovely weather we've been out in the yard close to 10 hours of each day. We have been clearing tree branches in efforts to reclaim our yard. Dragging branches a couple hundred feet to pile up to burn. We've been digging trenches for irrigation for our mini fruit orchard (apple, cherry, apricot, peach, and mandarin trees) and our garden boxes. We've weed-eated like an acre worth of grass, rearranged the plants in the planter boxes. My brother has been here helping us get all this work done by day and hanging out with us by night. It's been really fun to have him here. Andrew is smitten with his Uncle Travis. If Trav wears his hat backwards, so does Drew. If Trav wears his shades, so does Drew.

We're loving the Olympics and have been recording them and fast-forwarding to all the good stuff. A few questions I maintain are;
1. Do the commentators know how often they repeat themselves?
2. Who says when they're young, "When I grow up I want to sled down ice at 80mph?"
3. What is with the men's figure skating costumes?
4. Does anyone watch the cross-country skiing?
5. Did anyone see the women's downhill? Wow!!!
++ my fingers = bloody bread

Almost cut my finger in half while cutting some bread. I probably could use a few stitches but my husband is an under-reactor and says anything can heal.


Jason is taking the day off tomorrow because we were going to go skiing but the aforementioned sun has made for no snowfall for the last week. So we'll wait for this weekend's storm and try for next week. Instead we are getting a babysitter for the day so we can go on a long motorcycle ride and to breakfast. So excited!!

This beautiful girl turns 2 in a few days. It's amazing watching her grow.



1 comment:

jaclyn said...

in my case... cut finger = bloody cilantro... man my finger bled for 24 hours straight. jealous of the sun....ready for visitors? :)