1.31.2010

What, January is over??

I'm not sure where all the time went. It seems like yesterday that it was Christmas.

So the break down goes a little like this:
The 1st two weeks of January were spent back in Fair Oaks taking care of Jay's dad after his knee replacement. We thought he'd maybe only need us for a week, but it turns out 2 1/2 weeks was what was needed. It was a little tough not being at home here, but we enjoyed our time with Grandpa and we are glad he's recovering so well.

In the midst of these two weeks was also the death of Jason's Grandmother. Kinda tough timing but everyone pulled together and it went off without a hitch. She will be missed for sure but we are so glad that all her pain and hard times have passed.

I also went to see my sister in "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee."
Oh man, what a great show. The cast was amazing and my sister was awesome. Jay and I laughed so hard.

Also in the first 2 weeks of the month. Andrew got this horrid cough that he just couldn't shake. He would cough so hard that he could barely breathe and then he would throw up. It was awful. so last week we took him back to the hospital. They think he has ARD (Airway Reactive Disease) otherwise known as Asthma. They don't call it that since he's so young, but Jay says that's basically what we are looking at. We are lucky that breathing is Jason's specialty. This pic is Andrew's nightly lung monitoring. He left the hospital with 2 breathing treatments, 2 steroids, and an antibiotic (for the double ear infection) He's doing much better this week and has been able to return to school.


In all the craziness Jay and I have managed to get up to the mountain a few times. It has been really fun and quite nostalgic as I spent most of high school and college snowboarding. I hadn't been in probably 7 years. But since Santa brought me a snowboard for Christmas, we made it happen. We took some funny pics and video of me trying to ride the mini pipe but it was on my first try not my last. Honestly, sometimes I feel like my youth is passing me by as I'm spending all my time raising my babies. It's not like we can't do fun and adventurous things with young kids, it just definitely takes ALOT more effort.

My brother Travis moved home finally. Now all my siblings are within 20 minutes of me. It's great! My kids are especially loving playing with him. He's also been helping us with some major yard project

Lastly, Jason got offered a management position at the hospital and a raise along with it. It is such a blessing since we have plenty of home improvements that are waiting for some funding.

Well I think that's it......lots going on this month and its gone by so fast.

No comments: