8.26.2009

New Brighton Beach a.k.a. best camping on earth :)

Cheersin' the Cheese
Cheersin' the juice
Why are we cheersin' so much? Well because we were camping in heaven of course :)

I have been pestering Jason to take me to Santa Cruz to camp ever since we've moved back to California. The time was finally right and we had all the perfect ingredients for a great time.
An amazing spot at New Brighton, perfect weather, yummy dutch oven dinners, silly conversation about the weirdest things at the campfire each night. We played at the beach only after indulging in some Pizza My Heart in Capitola. This trip was so reminiscent of the summer after J and I met.


We S'moresed all through the day. Here is J, the self proclaimed S'more making champion!!


The kids did well, we found this cool area to play at while the rest of the world woke up.

Leah lovingly helping Drew wake up.



I'll give you a guess what Drew is doing.

Definite highlight of the trip was seeing close to 50 dolphins swimming close to shore. We were standing at our campsite above the ocean and could see everything. I was jumping up and down like I had won the lottery. I was so excited to see such a thing of beauty. I don't have any pictures cause I wasn't about to walk away and miss something. I love nature, especially when it jumps out of the water so we could see it perfectly.


3 comments:

The Losee's said...

Where's all the beach pics? I'm jealous. Looks like you had fun. I guess I can't be too jealous since I went in May but I can't help my feelings:)

Kendra said...

June was a great time to go too!! you guys need to come next year with us. I love SC. and now i'm totally craving Pizza my Heart :)

Marie said...

That is so cool! I love camping, I love the ocean, I love dolphins...sounds like the perfect vacation!