5.29.2009

Sigh....


So I'm in motherhood turmoil and I have spent the majority of he day debating whether or not I should blog about this particular topic. Mostly because I am not a huge fan of air dirty laundry, but I have decided that in the process of divulging a problem may come encouragement, advice, and/or pity :)

So I am wondering how one goes about learning patience? I understand that in order to be a patient person we must first be presented with situations in which we can practice patience. But how do we practice patience when we have no patience to practice with? Each new day that begins, I give myself "the pep talk" but within 15 minutes of being awake with the little ones I find my patience wearing very quickly. Only to add the days events to the already worn and thin calmness.

I imagine that the stress of packing and moving while attempting to entertain my children doesn't help. I'm sure it doesn't help that numerous other things have come to pass today that did a little more than rustle my feathers.

Regardless of my circumstances or mood I still long to be the lady that smiles and giggles even when her children are hanging from the rafters and people are being inconsiderate.

Thoughts?

4 comments:

Jenny Kapp said...

This is a hard one! I think all mother's feel the same way! I have found for me I have to have a coping technique ready before I start the day. Like taking a deep breathe before I answer or just walking away when I feel in too deep. Also, I really pick my battles. There are some things that I can't handle and some that bug, but I just let pass by. Some things aren't worth the fight or irritation that I feel. Good luck! I will check back for other peoples good advice!

The Losee's said...

I'm of no help in this area. I am probably a million times worse than you are. My first reaction is to yell and get angry when it makes everything worse. I think it every time how dumb I'm being but it never helps. If you find a solution let me know.

Jamie Yager said...

I was just thinking yesterday what a patient, great mom I was finally turning into. That was before today. Had a little setback :(

Marie said...

I know what you mean! I loved your most recent post about finding Nienie. Her story helps to bring a little patience back into my life. Sometimes we have to realize what we have to appreciate it and look at it with new eyes. Patience is lost quickly and gained gradually. Don't you wish it was the other way around?