I need a great book to read by the fire during our week to Sea Ranch. In between our hikes and exploring the tide pools, I need a book to enjoy. I know most of you are huge readers so I expect some amazing suggestions.
Tell me your top 2 all time favorites. No cliche books like Twilight series or Glass Castle. Something new!!! If you have an extra second tell me what about the book sucked you in.
Thanks ahead of time, I appreciate it :)

4 comments:
I finished 2 really good books recently.
One was very heart warming and had me curling up with blankets and wishing for a dog. "Marley and Me" was excellent, and I know you like dogs too. (and we all know books are so much better than movies)
The other was a mystery. It was unlike anything that I have ever read, so maybe that's why I liked it. There were parts that were a bit disturbing, but it's very clean and a really good mystery, so try "The Thirteenth Tale" by Diane something or other.
I liked the house of night series. They are for young adults but who needs to grow up right? ps. I read after my twilight kick.
Lovely Bones...it's about a girl that got murdered in the 70s, but it's much better than it sounds, it's actually quite comical and super interesting. You would love Mutant Message Down Under--it's about one woman's journey to Australia and she does a walkabout with the Aborigines, I thought it was amazing!
You probably don't even remember me, but I'm Marty's Mom and I had to get in on this one. I love to read. Some of my favorites. I'm not good at remembering authors.
1. Peace Like a River - a mild mystery with heart
2. Tall Grass - heartwarming and lovely with some history and a mystery.
3. Wild Swans - A true story about three generations of chinese women. Very good. I'm going to look into your friend Tiffany's suggestions. Those sound like good books. Happy reading
Post a Comment